Wednesday 8 June 2011

Stop pumping :(

My milk supply has dropped drastically and everyday the amount that I managed to pump is less than 40ml .  Pathetic, I know.

Therefore, since she turning to 8th month this week.  I'm going to keep my pump tools when she just reaches this milestone.  I decided to stop as she already taking more solids and the amount of milk intake has drop.  Although somehow, I couldn't bear to give up pumping breastmilk and let it go easily.  Breastfeeding is a process that I had putting so much effort, with many sleepless nights.   I took it to heart that this milk given to her was so divine and precious.  I treasure the moments when she and I need to practice on latching.  When she could latched properly and fall safely in my arms and body, the bonding I have with her was truly heartwarming.  It was a short period, I'm thankful to been thru this wonderful and amazing experience.

2 comments:

h2oVapour said...

I totally can relate and feel EXACTLY d same way as u describe (Read wif teary eyes). How she starting feeding (latching on), the closeness to now exclusive pumping...etc. It is indeed d most precious n priceless experience.

inex said...

hey you know what, I'm still pumping too. Even though my mum told me to stop liao.. but i still try, I plan to stop only when he is turning 1 (thats less then a month's time)

if you want to up your supply, you can try getting her to latch again - its the fastest way to up supply.. and try not to miss any pumping session. Need to drink a lot of water everyday too - now I only pump twice a day, I still down about 10 - 12 glass daily.

Jia you! If you still want to keep on pumping that is :)