Friday 7 November 2008

1st homemade pandan chiffon cake


It was Rain's lsat paer yesterday.  We decided to have lunch and do baking at my place.  Followed the recipe provided by http://bakingmum.blogspot.com/2007/11/pandan-chiffon-cake-ii.html.  Our 1st attempt was a failure, it turn out the cake was not spongy enough, more like a kueh than a cake.  We added too much pandan colouring, it was too greeny.  I think who ever eat it can become HULK 2.  Anoother mistake we made i think was the folding part we did was wrong when we added the flour to the green mixture.  失败是成功妈妈,though i have the urge to call my mum and asked what went wrong.. I think we 2 talented gals should be able to figure out eventually.  Therefore, we did the 2nd attempt.  The above pic shows the result of our labour.  Hee hee, if din succeed , I likely will buy the $2 chiffon cake from the nearby cake shop.

I'm very satisfy with the result I have.  Tiong-san feedback the cake too heavy, unlike the cake outside.  Never mind, next time I will try again.

No comments: